"Boxing Illustrated", December 1963 review: By Brian Zelley
* the cover story of this issue of
"Boxing Illustrated" was the
Liston vs Patterson fight which
took longer to read than the fight
lasted. At the time Charles Liston
was a top level fighter. Floyd
was a great person.
* Beyond the main event, there
were some good articles in this
issue of the magazine and would
include various fights:
Fights covered In "Rings Around The World:
Eddie Perkins vs D. Loi, Eder Jofre vs Joe Medel,
Brian Curvis vs Ralph Dupas, Willie Pastrano vs
Rudolfo Diaz, and Swift vs Leahy.
* For active boxers, one of the interesting stories
was called "Big Night For the Ripper"
The lead into the story about Garland "Rip" Randall
was: "Young Garland"Ripper" Randall scores a major
win and becomes a serious threat for welterweight
champion Emile Griffith"
Other stories of interest:
* They still love Sugar in England
* John Gutenko - Alias Kid Williams
* Archie Moore's Training Headquarters
* A case Against a Junior Middleweight Division